Louie the Cab Driver

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wanted: Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Clue-puter

Tonight some kid with luggage was waiting outside the bus depot. He said his bus didn't come for six hours so instead he wanted to go to capital city but only had about half the cab fare. I'd been quite profitable so I agreed to get the guy at that price.

In a bit of a power play on my part, I was going to detour him downtown to pay my electric. I mentioned this to the kid and he kind of freaked and said I could pay the bill and come back. The driver that originally talked to him pulled in and I explained I was going to pay a bill and return. Five minutes later, I did and the kid was gone. The driver said he took off walking.

I should add, when I pulled up, he brought his luggage right to the back of the cab. It was only when I mentioned the detour, that he backed off on it, and apparently had no intention on going to capital city in a cab.

I cannot figure out what was really going on.

Here are my ideas;
  1. He had bus fare to capital city, and thats what he would pay for a cab. About half fare.
  2. He did not trust me, and was too nervous to get in my cab.
  3. He did not want to go downtown because there may have been police there.
  4. He was planning on robbing me, and changed his mind, once I mentioned I had to pay my electric, I was humanized.

No comments: